Sunday, August 5, 2012

Handcrafted Affirmation Butterfly Mobile

Butterflies Fly
I created this project as a unique way to include loved ones in a special gift to present at Monica and Jason's baby shower.  I e-mailed a .pdf butterfly template to each family member.  They printed them out, wrote positive messages in their handwriting, scanned the butterflies back in, and e-mailed the new file to me.  It was up to me to make the butterflies fly.

I used jewelry-making wire and pliers to attach the butterflies together.
Orlan studies how to wire a small butterfly.  At one point he jumped on the table for a closer look.
I used decoupage medium to stabilize the wings and seal the messages.

I had the mobile temporarily attached under a ceiling fan.  It was mesmerizing laying beneath it watching the butterflies dance.
The patterned paper added a whimsical touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment