Sunday, March 29, 2015

Restaurant Review: Edo Sushi, WestEnd H'burg

Let someone know how special they are to you.
Fortune:  I Love Cookies.
Restaurant Review:  Edo Sushi, WestEnd H'burg Off HWY 98 W


I treat all Pan-Asian restaurants with trepidation, just as I am wary of restaurants with burgers, pizza, and flying-pig wings on the menu for multiple reasons.  I feel that a better edited menu is usually a better bet.  And, we can't all be good at everything.  So, I treated Edo Sushi as just a Japanese sushi restaurant this time, and it was the correct decision.  
So, the sushi was good.  I placed a sample of each kind on my plate, and it looked like a colorful palate, something you find peering through a kaleidoscope's lens.  I was pleased.  I could not remember the names of each item. My mother had tried to remember them in a jumbled order.  She pointed to this one and said the name.  She saw that one and said the name.  Then, she renamed another one, correctly.  And, she danced around to a larger one.  Some were named by what's in them, and some have proper titles.  Well . . .
Flash and I enjoyed the pink thing that I believe is the Hub City Roll. However, it's really large. I need to eat it as a seafood salad.
I was not in the mood for fried food.

Edo Thai or Chinese, next time?

I am trying to stick to the rule of not trying restaurants that haven't been open more than a year.  I don't like being a guinea pig, and I don't believe local restauranteurs need me in that role, either.

Oh, and I did taste the jalapeño, but will not complain because it worked in weird American sushi. 



Opening a restaurant, explore Dal-Tile:  http://www.daltile.com



©2015 D. Moss
#DeborahMossRestaurantReview

No comments:

Post a Comment