Sunday, March 22, 2015

Restaurant Review: Cotton Blues, WestEnd H'burg

Copyright 2015 D. Moss

Preface:  So, mini-computer has not been working like it should for a while now.  I miss hierarchical directories of the P.C. And, the simple organizing photos function that came with mini-computer has a bug. I write on here knowing someone is most likely virtually reading over my shoulder. There is cybercrime in the H'burg Metropolitan Area, and of course, people want to know what the Southern Gothic Yogini is doing messing about on the computer; right? No?  I have been harassed and mistreated locally.  I'm not sure if I was selected to be some cult sacrifice to abuse to death or if people are just far more sadistic in the United States these days.  Needless to say, I have always been a shy, quiet person with strangers and new people, but I am slowly learning to put myself out there so that if people are really that curious about who I am and what I think, I will be their original source.  I, at under 5' tall, am a highly recognizable person who grew up in the H'burg.  I cannot help the way I look or cower in the corner nameless. It is Debbie.
According to the B52s, she is "the queen of the underground" and blonde.

Restaurant Review for Cotton Blues of the WestEnd of the H'burg:
This was the second time that I received take-out from Cotton Blues.  I ordered a very similar meal, mostly because I don't eat food with pig in it.  The seafood was cooked correctly.  
This time, someone got a little too creative with the Crawfish Mashed Potatoes.  Last time, they were lovely comfort food.  Last night, they had noticeable raw onion and heat from jalapeño.  Most people know I am partial to adding heat only with cayenne; I don't like my food Spanglish.  The Gulf Coast Crab Cake, under the appetizers section, is well seasoned, but it needs to be taken off of the menu.  Previously, I got the Gulf Coast Crab Cake Sandwich.  The Sandwich had beautiful pieces of Jump Lump Crab.  It was seasoned to the point that I was glad the sauce came on the side; it was unnecessary.  The Appetizer Crab Cake had absolutely no delicate pieces of Lump Crab.  I was raised with "Waist-Not, Want-Not" and the Great Depression Era mentality of saving every coffee can for no apparent reason other than not yet imagined craft projects.  So, I am not opposed to a dish being made with all of the non-lump crab, just make it not comparable to another dish the menu.  I suggest a homey casserole or even a bizarre hushpuppy with a crab laced center using delicate herbs from the garden.  The New York-Style Cheesecake remains consistent.  The cake has a classic taste and a beautiful lightness in the mouth.  I ate half of a slice for dinner and was stuffed, so the portion should be generous enough for all.  I'm going to nit-pick and say that I want my crust blind baked and less granular.


http://www.cottonblues.com

The following quote is from Entre Nous by Debra Ollivier:
Like history itself, mealtime will repeat itself.

Thank you to Mom for paying for dinner.  I appreciate all that she does for us to make sure we are well cared for.

Copyright 2015 D. Moss

#DeborahMossRestaurantReview

No comments:

Post a Comment